General Dynamics Information Technology ArcSight Engineer/IT Security Specialist in Arlington, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and professional services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM, formerly US-VISIT), GDIT performs operations and maintenance (O&M) of the Automated Biometric Identification System’s (IDENT) production and non-production environments and associated business systems. In support of this effort, GDIT provides Task Order Management, Datacenter Operations, Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations, System Management and Monitoring, Service Request Management, Technology Analysis, and Non-production Support (to include Program Support Systems and Transition). GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical homeland missions – the storage and processing of biometric and associated biographic information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
GDIT is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Audit and Accountability Engineer/IT Security Specialist with strong experience in SIEM technologies and methodologies to join the program's Security Team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as subject matter expert in support of the HP ArcSight installation SIEM and log management solutions
• Support and maintain a high throughput and high performance ESM installation (OS, application software, appliances, vendor management, and databases)
• Provide and support requirements for event log collection and analysis
• Interface with clients, and internal teams to facilitate proper onboarding of event log data from log identification to SIEM event analysis and tuning
• Provide actionable and proactive engineering plans to management to support ever-increasing availability, capacity, and capability requirements of ESM and infrastructure
• Provide consultation and expert advice regarding content capabilities and structures to clients, and internal teams
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
• Proficient in the development of ArcSight Use Cases
• Expert Level implementation experience with ArcSight logger, ArSight ESM, ArcSight Management Center (ArcMC) and ArcSight SmartConnectors
• Excellent Unix system administration skills
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• Good writing and documentation skills
• Strong diagnostic and trouble shooting skills for security events, technical issues, and configuration issues.
• Strong communication skills to convey issues and solution to other team members
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 3434 N Washington Blvd (VAS001)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.