General Dynamics Information Technology Field Technician II in Arlington, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
General Dynamics Information Technology and CSRA have united to create the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. Together as General Dynamics Information Technology, we deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
GDIT/CSRA is seeking a field technician for the FDIC infrastructure program. This resource will be responsible for overseeing and managing all engineering resources and projects. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
· Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment.
· Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations.
· Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance.
· Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time.
· Installs\Uninstalls implementation software approved for environment
· Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
· Asset Management\Asset Tracking and maintaining accurate Asset Database
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent continued education (Can be substituted with 5 years specialized experience)
· 3 years of relevant experience at Tier II Support level
· Attention to detail
· Experience providing troubleshooting for desktops and laptops in a Windows 7, WIN10 environment
· Install and configure hardware and software for Windows 7 OS
· Must be able to work independently
· Must be a team player
· Must have ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced dynamic environment
· Solid customer service skills
· Good communication skills
· Good Organization skills
· Familiarity with HP Printers and Ricoh MFD units
· Experience with workstation deployments/decommissioning
· Good Wire Maintenance Practices
It would be great if you also had:
Experience with Service Now.
Big Fix Administration
Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
Proven time management skills
A+ Certification and Network+ Certification
AA or equivalent + 1 yr related experience
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 3501 N Fairfax Dr (VAC008)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.