General Dynamics Information Technology Senior Middleware Engineer-Applications in Arlington, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
General Dynamics Information Technology and CSRA have united to create the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. Together as General Dynamics Information Technology, we deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. The FDIC Enterprise network provides its engineers with access to a plethora of cutting-edge technologies in the network field. It has a state of the art development lab to test new functionality, architectures, and equipment. Engineers are tasked with developing and deploying innovative solutions to meet business requirements - not managing day to day, same technology operations.
GDIT/CSRA seeks a Senior Middleware Engineer for the FDIC Systems Engineering team. US Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background. Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role requires flexibility to support issues or planned activities after hours, weekends and holidays as needed. Successful candidate must possess and be able to demonstrate technical skills and engineering attitude for success, dedication and commitment.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for client communication for the middleware team and escalations to both client and CSRA management team as necessary
• Responsible as for the daily service review status that occurs at 7AM internally and 8AM with the client. Should be able to clearly articulate the technical issues and other relevant details to both CSRA and clients during these calls, managing the relationship with key business customers, developing an understanding of their business needs and priorities, and delivering software solutions that meet those business needs.
• Provide input to the Product Owner/Business Sponsor on the product strategy and vision, and giving feedback on the content and prioritization of the Product Backlog. Experience in administering InfoSphere Information Server platform 9.1 and higher versions on an RHEL platform
• Be available to provide advice and assistance to teams on technical difficulties that arise in the course of doing their work;
• Identifying issues to teams that they might overlook, such as scalability, performance, or security.
• Providing mentorship, career development advice, skills development and training, and overall guidance to team members and Supervisors.
• Leading the recruitment and hiring of new team members, with the active involvement and input of existing team members;
configuration experience in SAML/ADFS
· Deliver an assessment of the existing Application Platform infrastructure between Manassas and Virginia Square and identify areas for optimization;
· Deliver a requirements traceability Matrix (RTM) to assure that are in alignment with FDIC SME guidelines to assure that business, functionality, and security requirements are defined and met;
· Deliver a mapping of systems and application platform utilization
The candidate we are looking for must meet the following criteria:
Must have more than 8 years of IT experience. Must have minimum of 7+ years of experience as an administrator with solid knowledge of architecture of WebSphere and/or WebLogic platforms. Must have experience in installing, configuring and setting up WebSphere, and/or WebLogic environments in Windows and/or UNIX environments. Must have experience in trouble shooting, performance tuning, capacity planning, user management, client communication.
A BS or equivalent + 20 yrs related experience, or MS + 18 yrs related experience
It would be great if you also had:
Knowledge on Kerberos
Knowledge on FTP setup
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 3501 N Fairfax Dr (VAC008)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.