General Dynamics Information Technology IT Account Maintenance Lead – Telework in Falls Church, Virginia
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking highly motivated technical professionals who are eager to play a major role in IT transformation at Government agencies in the aviation and other transportation fields.
Ability to work anywhere in the USA, this is a telework position. Onsite support will be required as requested by customer.
The IT Account Maintenance Lead supervises all account maintenance analysts and directs day to day account maintenance activities and operations supporting the Enterprise Service Desk as well as Tier II/Tier III functions.
The position is also responsible for:
Leads a team of IT account maintenance analysts responsible for user account administration and user access for the Federal Agency, service providers, vendors and contractors
Employs user account management principles and processes, including, but not limited to account provisioning and de-provisioning, creation of shared resources; creation and modification of distribution lists and security groups
Utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager (FIM), Microsoft Exchange, MS Windows PowerShell and a host of other tools to manage and administer user accounts in a busy, and dynamic Federal Agency IT ecosystem
Defines application/system problems by conferring with all stakeholders
Develops and executes solutions by coordinating with technicians, developers and engineers as needed to resolve issues quickly
Leads the Account Maintenance team in determining incident priority and classification, business impact of incidents/problems, and escalates results/findings in a timely fashion
Supports the Enterprise Service Desk to quickly restore service/access to end-users
Contributes to projects involving Identity and Access Management solutions, including user provisioning and de-provisioning, retention policies, role-based access control, authentication, and authorization
Troubleshoots and researches account issues involving two-factor authentication (RSA SecurID, PIV/Smart Cards, and others), and general network access to shared resources
Resolves user connectivity and access issues
Monitors support queues to ensure service requests and escalations are addressed according to established SLAs
Trains new team members as well as existing team members
Develops, updates, and maintains SOPs and other program documentation
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
1) 8 – 10 years of computer science, engineering or IT experience
2) 4 – 6 years of significant hands-on experience performing and leading IT account maintenance
3) Certification required: Security+, Network+, A+
4) Certification desired: PMP or PgMP or DAWIA P/PM Level 3 or FAC P/PM Level III
5) Demonstrated significant experience leading, managing, creating, modifyinguser accounts, user access, and shared resources
6) Considerable hands-on experience leading a team of a minimum of 5 account maintenance analystsresponsible for user account administration utilizing Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, MS Windows PowerShell and a host of other tools to manage and administer user accounts in a busy, and dynamic Federal Agency IT environment
7) Significant hands-on experience triaging and resolving requests for technical support
8) Must have these specialized skill-sets and experience: Active Directory; Microsoft Exchange; PowerShell; Forefront Identity Manager (FIM); VPN/Remote connectivity; Endpoint Security; VDI; ServiceNow, BMC Remedy
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job FunctionProgram Management
Security Clearance LevelNone
Full/Part TimeFull Time