General Dynamics Information Technology Lead Systems Technician in Ft Meade, Maryland
Lead Systems Technician
Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician (L2)
Fort Meade, MD
GDIT is seeking a Lead Systems Technician to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician:
· Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components to the extent required to perform maintenance services
· Undertakes minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting systems) in support of hardware maintenance and operations functions
· Installs and incorporates new releases, updates, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions)
· Operates and applies automated hardware management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade hardware
· Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government personnel
· Provides recommendations on spares, spares program, planning, and tracking operational spares and bench stock
· Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
· Assists in repairing computers, printers, digital senders, etc.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
Perform STIGs & IAVA implementation for system devices, perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc.
Ability to interact with customers on a daily basis providing guidance and procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, local procedures, etc. as required to ensure mission success
Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
Required Security Environment Certification:CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
Desired Computing Environment certification: Microsoft Windows 7 or 10, or Microsoft Server 2012, or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- TS/SCI required
Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
Must be willing to travel based on the mission of the contract
#I2TS3 #ISDCJ #defensehotjobs #DPOST
High School diploma/GED with 8 years of related experience, or Associates degree with 6 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree with 4 years of experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Number of Positions1
Job FunctionInformation Technology
Security Clearance LevelTop Secret/SCI
Full/Part TimeFull Time