General Dynamics Information Technology Software Architect w/Polygraph in Herndon, Virginia
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Systems Engineer - Operations Integration Level Expert
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide the Operations Support on the DevOps team within the Group. Support the integration of new systems, applications, and networks. Performs all System Administration functions, as well as DevOps related duties and integration into the development cycle.
This role requires someone with proven experience with Cloud architecture, DevOps minded approach, and implementing solutions that support requirements of varying complexity. In addition, the candidate will be working alongside the development staff in planning and managing the coordinated effort of a team of stakeholders, information technology and related technical professionals.
Duties and Mandatory Skills:
• Understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle, the system engineering lifecycle, and the ability to comprehend end-user business needs and concerns while integrating the understanding with technical skills
• Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge of Linux platform (i.e. RHEL, CentOS) including administration, management, and troubleshooting
• Hands on experience designing and writing scripts (I.e. powershell, bash, groovy, python) for the automation of installations, deployments, and configuration
• Demonstrated hands on experience and knowledge of Windows Platform (i.e. Server 2018, Server 2012, windows 7 / 10) including administration, management, and troubleshooting.
• Scripting experience with YAML, JSON (Ansible) for the automation of installations, deployments, and configuration
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task simultaneous ongoing assignments and efforts
• Demonstrated experience performing the provisioning of development servers, networks, storage, use code versioning software, and performing software builds
• Executes code deployment / migration and system configuration across multiple environment to Linux / Windows servers
• Ability to plan and account for impacts of system development efforts across architectural system components, critical business processes, data, and applications
• Experience with automation / configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef. Jenkins, Maven)
• Ability and willingness to learn job related material and tasks
• Expert knowledge and experience with Linux/Unix
• Strong virtualization skills ( VMware, VMware Horizon, Hyper-V, etc)
• Proven track record of building and deploying an automation framework from scratch using Ansible
• Working knowledge / Code and scripting (Python, Perl)
• Experience with data mining tools (i.e., Splunk) and reporting as requested for historical performance, log, and other metric data
• Experience with monitoring tools (i.e., Nagios)
Experience with code migration across environments
Knowledge of Big Data tools including Hadoop ecosystem - SOLR, Blur, etc
Experience with SQL, SQLserver, and other databases a plus.
AWS certifications desired.
Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
Serves as a technical team or task leader.
May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Masters Degree Preferred.
15-20 years of related software development experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Number of Positions1
Job FunctionInformation Technology
Security Clearance LevelTop Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part TimeFull Time