General Dynamics Information Technology Network Engineer - Polygraph in McLean, Virginia
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
Hands on and experience with the following:
1) Hands on experience with Firewall configuration
2) Hands on experience with Switch and Router configurations
3) Experience with Solarwinds monitoring tool
4) Experience working inside an "Enclave" Preferred
5) Knowledge and hands-on with BGP
6) Knowledge and hands-on with Data Center architectures (i.e) top and bottom of racks solutions
7) Knowledge and hands-on with Cisco FEXs, 5000 and 7000 series switches
8) Knowledge and hands-on with next generation firewall such as Cisco 5585x models
9)Knowledge of site cabling plant infrastructure such as fiber and copper is mandatory
10) Knowledge of layer 2 and 3 topological
Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
May perform network administration duties.
Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
Serves as technical team or task leader.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10 Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline. 2. Advanced degree preferred.
15-20 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job ID 2018-39670
Number of Positions 1
Job Locations USA-VA-McLean
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time