General Dynamics Information Technology Information System Security Officer (SRF 3095) Must be a US Citizen in Stennis Space Center, Mississippi
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Created after 9-11-2001, the Department of Homeland Security consolidated numerous agencies' data centers for central management. General Dynamics Information Technology plays a key role in the Department's IT integration strategy through its Data Center-1 program. GDIT's DC-1 program is committed to delivering an efficient, responsive, and mature data center operation through excellence in service delivery, performance, and continual service improvement.
We are seeking an ISSO to serve as the security advisor for a large FISMA system. System can include Windows and/or Linux servers and specialized appliances. Involves significant security documentation and security posture analysis. Experience as system administrator with network experience preferred. Cloud experience also very valuable.
Essential Job Functions
• Serve as Information System Security Officer (ISSOs)
• Maintain security posture of large, heterogeneous systems that include Windows and Linux servers, Cloud architecture, and other applications such as databases.
• Serve as liaison to Federal ISSM
• Serve as security expert for System Owner
• Experience with Windows and Linux servers' authentication, configuration and security features
• Broad technical and security background
• Experience with network and authentication technologies
• Technical writing for security technologies and protocols. Maintain documentation detailing the inventory, control implementation, weakness remediation, and security posture of the system. Prepare documentation for annual assessments.
• Perform periodic Risk Assessments of the Information Systems
• Evaluate changes to determine security relevance, and make recommendations for approval or denial.
• Candidate must have strong experience in supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 6 and 7 including experience in supporting Microsoft; Windows in a Domain environment.
• Associate's degree and 5 years related experience as security engineer and/or administrator
• Must be able to obtain a DHS EOD (US Citizenship Required)
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA MS Stennis Space Center - 9313 Cypress Loop Rd (MSC008)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.