General Dynamics Information Technology Project Manager – Usability Lab Manager in WA, United States
With more than 8,000 health experts, clinicians and advisors, General Dynamics Health Solutions’ personnel provide vital expertise and project management support to help organizations research, diagnose and treat varying healthcare issues to improve outcomes. Our program and project management professionals supply the necessary expertise and administrative support to keep pace with industry demands. Relying on our specialized scientists, technicians and providers, organizations gain the necessary clinical staff to meet organizational needs and advance medical research.
GDIT is seeking anUsability Lab Project Managerwith strong organizational skills and understanding of Usability Lab testing procedures to join our team on an innovative software development program in support one of our DoD Healthcare customers at Joint Base Lewis McChord near Tacoma, WA.
In this role, the Lab PM will work with organizational Subject Matter Experts, UX Designers and Software Developers to facilitate Usability Lab testing for web and mobile software applications. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide sustainment support to Usability Lab for a government IT facility.
• Create documents and present General Best Practices and Strategy support for Web and Mobile Applications Usability Studies.
• Research, write, present and document Usability Lab Practices and Standards. • Work with client to develop recruitment plan for Usability Lab.
• Utilize Automated Tracking, documenting each individual testing project schedules, requirements and final write-ups.
• Working with Subject Matter Experts to assist in planning data collection and test plans. • Attend weekly project status meetings, developing agenda.
• Quarterly evaluations for focus groups, summary of participant profiles, participant survey results, and client satisfaction results.
• Report and present lab flow and efficiencies (timeline of usability lab operating processes) to be included in the monthly progress report.
• Identify budgetary requirements and ROI considerations • Provide outreach support to other federal and civilian partners.
• Planning and recruiting, facilitation and support services for the Usability lab.• Participate in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Professional certification (PMP), a plus.
Approximately 8 years of related experience, including supervisory experience, with 1-3 years of Project Management or Usability Lab experience
• Strong Knowledge of Usability Lab functions, test types, best practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate and interact with Product Owners, SMEs, and military and youth study participants.
• Excellent planning, organization and meeting facilitation skills required
• Ability to manage in a dynamic work environment and ability to coordinate and perform multiple assignments
• Creativity with an eye to developing new and innovative solutions
• Ability to structure and plan projects/programs
• Strong problem identification and analytical skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
• US Citizenship Required
• Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Requisition ID 2018-39642
of Openings 1
Job Location USA-WA-Joint Base Lewis-McChord
Job Function Program Management
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time